Friday, September 27, 2013


Happy Meals for My Bride
Fun Trucking 2013
September 27, 2013
Many years ago, in fact 40, My Bride was moppy as she celebrated her 40th Birthday.  I was working at my job at Brown and Williamson and really did not have much time to prepare for a gala event.  The Ford Pick Up Truck commercials featured the theme of "Fun Trucking" with a Ranger.  At the time we owned a Ranger and I decided that I would treat My Bride with a "Happy Meal" at the McDonalds at the corner of Riverside Drive and Northside Drive in Macon, Georgia.

Off we went with the windows wide open and we were "Fun Trucking."  My Bride did not know of my plan so we stopped at McDonalds and I ordered to Happy Meals.  I passed the clerk a $1.00 bill and asked him to deliver the Meals to our Table and sing Happy Birthday to her..  My Bride still did not know what was going on.  The Clerk delivered our meals to our table and did sing.

Long story short, the McDonalds of the first Happy Meal for My Bride does not exist.  Therefore we have had to change the locations.

This evening we went "Fun Trucking" again; however it was in a 1998 Dodge Ram.  We did roll the windows down and sped up Foster Road to Zebulon to the McDonalds.  I did not ask the Clerk to deliver the Happy Meal or sing.  


Here is My Bride displaying her "Happy Meal Queen."


We both enjoyed the healthy version of the Happy Meals.  The Apple Juice was good as well as the Apple Slices.  

We rolled the windows down for our journey home.  We both had fun and the memories of this Annual Event are things we can share when we get older.



No comments: