Friday, July 27, 2012



Georgia versus Florida
Softball Tournament
Friday, July 27, 2012

This morning I traveled to the Southeastern Region Little League Field in Warner Robins, Georgia to witness the first game that "Team Georgia" was to play in the Regional Tournament.   The first game scheduled for Thursday, July 26, 2012 was postponed because of a massive lightening/possible thunder storm. 

 My purpose in attending this event was to take some action photographs and to hone my skills in this type of situation.











 I believe I took several shots of each girl in the starting line-up.  I tried to get action shots.  The challenge of this endeavor was to start clicking once the pitcher was ready to throw the ball.

 There were plenty of "Georgia" fans in the stands.  Team Georgia is from the Western Little League in Macon, Georgia so the travel was not very difficult.

 One of the Georgia pitchers.  I was glad I was able to capture the ball in flight on this shot.

This is a shot of the Florida Pitcher just before she hit the ball.

She did hit the ball.  The final score of this game was Georgia 2 - Florida 7 at the conclusion of the regulation six innings of play.

No comments: