Saturday, August 27, 2011


Ames, Iowa

Cyclone Stadium
and
Post Game Dining Spots


 Admittedly, June 30th is not the peak of the Cyclone Football Season, however I had to include this view here. 

 I understand that Iowa Cyclone Fans usually dine here at the Hickory Park Restaurant Company which is very close to Cyclone Stadium.


 Out Host, the Griffins took us here for a casual meal.  The Restaurant known for BBQ and Ice Cream Specialties was established in 1970 and is a fixture in Ames.

An interior view.  This facility is set up to feed large crowds of fans any season of the year.  This is but one row of booths.  If I recall there are at least three rows.

Should you desire to know more about Hickory Park please visit:


I know that you may be thinking that Ice Cream and BBQ do not mix, but I can assure you that I enjoyed my wonderful meal here in this casual setting.



No comments: