Monday, August 29, 2011


Guttenberg, Iowa

The Flower Child's Home Town


 It is always nice to visit one's Home Town.  I took this picture because this is a Monument to all of the Citizens of the Guttenberg, Iowa area who have ever or are now serving in the Military of our United States of America.

 If you look close you can see the Mississippi River in the background.  This Monument is placed near the Clayton Ridge High School and is also across the street from the Church I attended as a young citizen of Clayton County, Iowa prior to my enlistment in the U. S. Navy in 1961.

This is "Trinity Lutheran Church" in Guttenberg, Iowa.  It was established in the late 1930s and the construction was performed by Church Members.  My Dad and My Uncle always informed me that they had a major part in the building of this Church.  They are both gone now, but every time I visit my Siblings we all Worship at our Home Church. 

No comments: