Tuesday, July 06, 2010

"We Can Do Better"
#7
In several blog entries I have discussed the fact that Parent Engagement in the nurturing of their children is vital. I have also discussed the fact that a Child learns more in their first three years of live than during any other period.

During the recent Fourth of July (Independence Day) I noted families with young children enjoying the opportunity to learn more about the Birthplace of Macon at Historic Fort Hawkins.
This fifteen star flag was flown at Fort Hawkins on the Fourth of July 2010. Attendees learned about the War of 1812 and how this Flag was of great importance during that time.

Parent engagement such as I witnessed is what I am encouraging now and will encourage as a member of the Bibb County School Board.

Together "We Can Do Better."

Published by Alan Thiese
Candidate for Post 8, Bibb County Georgia School Board


No comments: