Tuesday, February 20, 2018

 
Macon, Georgia
 

On February 5, 2018 I decided to capture some interesting pictures of downtown Macon.  I selected the Golden Hour of the evening to take these five pictures. 
 
This was taken at the Corner of Martin Luther King and Poplar.
I found the color of the structure and the texture of the post
between the windows very interesting.

I then turned around to take a picture of a new loft apartment
complex and the former Macon Rescue Building at the
foot of Poplar.  I liked the evening glow on the red brick
structures.  Unfortunately the shadow on the bottom of this
picture is a minor distraction.

The railroad coaling tower on Seventh Street is always an interesting
subject to capture.  Again, I tried to capture the warmness of
the structure.

A few tears ago I took this same picture of the Domes of
Macon.  This time I had to move to the left because of
a few trees growing from my former vantage point.  Again, the warmness of
the evening Sun provided the glow I was attempting to
capture.

I captured this view from the West Side of I-75 at Hardeman
Avenue.  When I was in the Navy here in Macon I worked
in the Federal Building on College Street, which is barely
showing along the top of the loft apartments in the foreground.
These lofts and the current fire station on Madison Street
provide a nice foreground in this picture.




 
 

No comments: