Monday, December 20, 2021

 Alan

20 December 2021


Greetings,


Not knowing what the balance of 2021 has planned for me I will note that this is My last Sibling Letter of 2021.  That stated, I will reaffirm what I stated in the Christmas Card to You, Wishing You a Very Blessed Christmas.  A Prosperous 2022 also.


In recent days we have received adequate rain so we are not now suffering from a prolonged dry spell.  The days have been relatively nice with cool evenings.  I think we had one or two mornings when it was 32 degrees.  You may consider a warm spell if this happened in the Holy Land.  Now you know why I chose to live in Georgia.  Thinking ahead to New Year’s Eve 2021 I just realized that it will be forty years since I transferred to the U. S. Navy Fleet Reserve and thirty years since I was placed on the Official U. S. Navy Retired List.  So Much for History!!


As I reflect on the year past – 2021 I realize that the highpoint was the opportunity to be in Fellowship with My Siblings during our September Trip to the Holy Land.  Sure we saw a lot of sights, but the most critical aspect or should I state, the most rewarding aspect was the Fellowship!


I suspect that I am reminded of this because at the current time our Adult Bible Class at Church is studying the Book of Acts and the New Church or should I say the New Congregation that started.  The most important aspect of this New Group of believers was their “Fellowship” which enabled them to support each other and also grow the Church.  What I recently learned is the fact that they did not expand their outreach for the first eight years.  They supported each other and only then did they reach outside of the area to commence “Mission” work. 


So here we are about two thousand years later and we continue to reach outside of the areas wherein we reside!


As I finalize this letter I frequently look out the window and see the Red Birds enjoying the food I just place in the feeder an hour ago.  They and the other birds that frequent our feeder consume about a pint of seed each day.  No grief, because they are so interesting to watch as they conduct their affairs.  


As I anticipate 2022 I am sure that I will face unknown, at this time, challenges that I will live through only by the Grace and Love of My Savior.  I conclude this December Sibling Letter with that thought not only for Myself, but for You and Your respective Families also!


Sibling,


No comments: