Saturday, January 20, 2007

Family Dinner

For several years I have heard my Youngest Son and his Bride talk about the twice monthly "Family Dinner" tradition that he married into. Just recently my Bride and I participated in a "Family Dinner" hosted by my sister during a recent visit to Iowa. These dinners during my visits to Iowa (a.k.a. Holy Land) have also become a tradition. I have an intense gratitude for these events while I visit my siblings.
What you see above is the set up for the "Christmas Dinner" that my Wife prepared for her side of the Family this past Christmas here in Macon, Georgia. It was a Family Dinner, but the dinners here in the South have become Holiday events. May I suggest that the image of "Gracious Southern Living" is soon to be a forgotten tradition?
I envy my Son very much. The twice a month "Family Dinner" is cherished in his new Family and appreciated very much. It gives everyone the opportunity to practice their "Socialization Skills" and I am confident that it is also a respite from the "hurried and rushed life" that we all appear to have allowed ourselves to be a part of.
Such traditions should be cherished and anticipated by all.

No comments: