Sunday, September 30, 2007

Anger or Marketing

I only saw red when I first saw this sign the other day. This afternoon I actually drove to the parking lot where I first saw this sign. Yes, it was still there. So I captured the image with the intent of posting it on this Blog.

As the title of this Blog indicates, I think that this may be a scheme developed by unhappy teen-age children. They can place their parent or parents in a vehicle and drive through this area and drop them off while keeping the vehicle moving, as instructed by this appropriately erected sign.

or

Is this sign posted at this parking lot as part of a marketing scheme by the Medical Center of Central Georgia as a way of obtaining adult patients. If the parents are dropped off and slide across the parking lot they will certainly have to be transported to the Medical Center for appropriate care. This level of care will most likely be determined by the speed of the vehicle as they are dropped off. I would think that a parent ejected from a vehicle moving at ten miles an hours would require less treatment than a parent ejected from a vehicle that is moving 45 miles per hour.

Needless to say, this sign has certainly caused me to seriously think how fortunate I am, in as much as my Childen are now fully functioning adults. I seriously think that I do not have much to fear, although this sign must certainly cause a lot of concern by "Parents" who must occupy vehicles that travel through this parking lot.

No comments: