Friday, November 02, 2007

"Accord"
"Agreement; harmony of minds, consent or concurrence of opinions or wills.
Recent events here in Macon, Georgia clearly demonstrate that there is a great divide among the local population. May the Flower Child suggest that rather than look for differences, that we focus on what unites us all. During my years in the local labor force I learned that there are but a few people in each economic level, each social level and in each ethnic group who dwell on the bad and the ugly.
For the most part, all of us focus on what is good; which is, as far as I am concerned the one thing we should all do. As the definition of Accord, printed above clearly demonstrates.
As most of you know, "The Flower Child" has been there and done that and can now enjoy life. This did not happen because "The Flower Child" avoided his peers, no matter their creed, race or social/economic background. I have experienced and also enjoyed a life that allowed me to travel the world and associate with many peoples. I have experienced and also enjoyed my life in a military career, employment at a local Nursing Home, and finally a local factory.
Did I ever make any mistakes? Yes!!!! But I can assure you that I do know what the word "accord" means. I hope to focus on the good things that happen around me, rather than dwell on the bad.

No comments: