Monday, July 23, 2012


The Freedom Rock
Rural Iowa
West of Des Moines
South of Interstate 80

Every year when I visit the State of My Birth I usually visit the "Freedom Rock."

 This 2012 view features the Sullivan Brothers - all five of them who perished on their ship during World War II.





 My Bride and I.

 Our Friends in Altoona, Iowa. 
They were our tour guides around Des Moines

 We were both shipmates on the USS Ranger (CVA-61) during a Western Pacific deployment in 1963,  We did not know each other at the time.  We both enlisted from Iowa.  We connected via a USS Ranger Reunion Website.



 This and  the following three scenes were taken at the Artist Office/Gallery in the nearby town.  When you first drive up to park here you would swear that the Artist is painting the garage door.



As always, the visit to the Freedom Rock is very special. 

No comments: