Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Watson Mill

Covered Bridge

Comer, Georgia 

14 May 2021 - My Bride and I were traveling to Hartwell, Georgia to participate in a Gold Star Memorial Marker Dedication on 15 May 2021.  A few weeks prior to this trip we saw a program which briefly discussed the Longest Covered Bride in Georgia and it was stated that it is still in use.  Comer is located in two counties of Georgia - Madison and Oglethorpe.  The Bridge was a brief side trip from  our planned route so we took the opportunity to visit this Covered Bridge.



After stopping at the Visitor's Center to obtain a parking pass for a fee of $5.00 which would allow us to part so I could take some pictures I first took this one.  This is the History of this 236 foot long span which was restored in 1973 I took the opportunity to take these:











After I took the pictures I walked back to where I was parked and we drove through the Bridge.  This was a fun and also educational side adventure.  




No comments: