Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Flower Child's Energy and Water Credits Available
Thank Goodness. The citizens are now thinking Green. We need to save energy and water if we want to see our Grandchildren have a good life. Recent events have highlighted the need to conserve, which I applaud. However, some of the spokespeople for the Green Movement have been having difficulty in using our precious Energy and Water resources in moderation. It is unfortunate that these dedicated disciples cannot adhere to the very principles and practices that they encourage us citizens of the United States of America to follow. All of this has caused me to evaluate how I compare with some of the leading disciples in energy consumption. In as much as water will be the next topic I am adding my water consumption in the mix in this post also.
I just completed computing my 2006 Energy and Water Consumption for a home here in West Bibb County, Georgia. We have a septic tank so our lot is rather large so we do probably consume more water than we should, because we do like the look of Green Grass.
Natural Gas (Therms) used: 642 for an average of 53.5 a month
Electric Power (KWH) used: 10,416 or 868 a month
Water (Gallons) used: 149,250 or 12,437.5 a month
If anyone needs Energy credits (Natural Gas or Electric Power) I may have some available. While I do not know the current price for these credits I am confident that one of our Nation's Leading Spokesperson for Energy Conversation can quickly inform me concerning the going rates. Please comment to this post and once I have the total needs computed I will ascertain the value of these credits and inform you via this Blog. Thank You for taking the time today to help us to allow a bright future of all of our Grandchildren.

1 comment:

Alan said...

A Friend sent me this message. He knows I live in a two story house and that I am married. His messsage: "Flower Child, I think you could save more water if you and your wife showered together. by using the second floor for all water uses other than cooking, you could also use gravity to drain the grey-water into a resevoir, easily installed by a swimming pool compnay. They you could use that water on your lawn in the summer. You may even be able to find some grant money from Uncle Sugar for a project like this. Take care and by nice to your wife in the interest of providing a greener environment."