Thursday, February 22, 2007

Personal Responsibility

A Good Friend of Mine who lives in Florida sent me this picture of the recent tragic events during the Night Tornado that resulted in the death of many who did not know it was coming.

Today I would also like to share an Editorial that I presented in WMAZ Television in Macon, Georgia.

"As I listened to the News last evening I found out that many are concerned about severe weather warnings at this time of year. This is as it should be. We are soon going to be in the Violent Weather Season. Houston County does not have a working siren System. It would cost a lot of money to install a new one. While we here in Bibb have enjoyed a Warning System for Years, I also sincerely believe that each of us, as Adults also has a responsibility to ourselves and to our family to acquire a NOAA Weather Radio which will warn us day or night of any impending Bad Weather. I checked with a local electronic store website and found out that a Weather Radio can be obtained for as little as $39.95. In this day when everyone has a cell phone, I think it would also be very appropriate to invest a mere $39.95 for the security and safety of an early warning in case of Violent Weather.
The Weather Warning Radio is on duty twenty-four hours a day and I can assure you that it will wake you up when you are fast asleep. I have had a NOAA Weather Warning Radio for at least fourteen years. I have determined that $39.95 is a lot cheaper than a nice Casket. Something to Think About.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today, February 23rd, is the State-Wide Tornado Drill. A good day to test out your new weather alert radio if you went and picked one up yesterday. As a weather enthusiast, I have a "Storm Tracker" weather page that I host at http://weather.netpages.us. Feel free to check it out when threatening weather approaches.