Monday, July 30, 2007

Iowa State Fair
August 9 - 19, 2007
Since 1854, the Iowa State Fair has been showcasing the endeavors of Iowa Farmers. The image today is from the 1954 or 1955 Iowa State Fair. Several of the Flower Childs 4-H Club peers, including siblings, cousins and club members had won with their respective projects at the Clayton County Fair so a decision was made to participate in the Iowa State Fair. We traveled in a truck and several of the parents cars. I was about fourteen years old and had a Jesery Heifer in the 4-H Competition. I recall that I won a "red" ribbon, but that aspect is not important to this post. We all enjoyed our first real trip away from home, our parents and were responsible for having our respective entries ready for judging. A challenge, but also a learning experience. We were responsible to our selves, but please be aware that we had to answer to our Club Leaders who were with us. Before we left the Fair we all went to the Iowa State Capital and toured this great Iowa Landmark. All of the males in our group slept in the tents as shown above. The females slept in the truck, which had been cleaned up, of course, and on mattresses that had been stowed away from the livestock.

Should you desire to learn more about the Iowa State Fair, please visit:

http://www.iowastatefair.com/about/historical1.php


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey – good weblog, simply trying around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform You Are using. I’m presently using Drupal for just a few of my sites but looking to change one in every of them over to a platform very a lot the identical to yours as a trial run. Something particularly you'll recommend about it?
I’m nonetheless learning from you, however I’m enhancing myself. I actually love studying everything that's written in your blog.Maintain the stories coming. I cherished it!
Definitely one of the challenges which people beginning a new on-line firm face is that of obtaining guests to their net site.
I’ve not too long ago began a weblog, the data you present on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for your entire time & work.
Really like your web sites details! Undoubtedly a wonderful offer of knowledge that's extraordinarily helpful. Keep it up to hold publishing and i’m gonna proceed studying by way of! Cheers.