Friday, July 27, 2007

Servant Leadership

In an earlier post today I discussed the concept of "Servant Leadership." As well know, we have a plethora of Candidates who are running for the Office of President of the United States of America. For the Flower Child, the most important aspect of this Office is the other title our President holds. Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. That is why I appreciate the concept of Servant Leadership. To be a true leader of the U. S. Military I believe that our President must also be able to focus on the concept of being a Servant. I know for a fact that all of our Officers and our Enlisted personnel in the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard understand this concept. Team work is the order of the day in any branch of our Armed Forces.
That stated, please examine the image more closely. During my time in the U. S. Military, and also since I have been retired I have never indulged in an expensive "Hair Cut" to enhance my self esteem. I have never had to indulge in such wasteful endeavors. Please note that my haircut today was $14.00. I could have traveled to the local Air Force Base to obtain a cheaper haircut, but the carbon footprint would have negated any cost savings I might have achieved. Thus I made a choice to expend $14.00 for a haircut. I may not understand the need to look well groomed by obtaining high dollar haircuts, but I think that I look presentable.

No comments: