Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Diesel Fuel - $4.01 A Gallon
Yesterday, as the Flower Child was conducting errands here in Middle Georgia I noted a Fueling Station with the Sign that stated that Diesel Fuel was for Sale at $4.01 a gallon.
Stop and think with me for a brief moment. What impact will that have on my life. Both of my vehciles burn regular 87 octane gasoline. No problem!!!
Then as I recall my tender young youth, I remember that most Farm Equipment burned Diesel Fuel. Even way back then. I am sure that most equipment now burns Diesel. This as well as the trucks that transport our food items to the local Supermarket. Wow!!!!! you say, the cost of my food items just my increase. With Crude selling at $113.00 a barrel yesterday, I am confident that we might just see more of an increase in Diesel and even Gasoline products.
Now that I have stopped to think for a moment, I recall hearing on the radio that only Presidential Candidate suggested that we halt collecting "Sales Taxes" on fuel products. Sounds nice to me. Certainly sounds as if this Candidate knows what is going on in the World about us. Far better than calling certain citizens "bitter" or "chasing down shots with beer."
The Flower Child would suggest that we all realize what it is going to be like in our future. While a Summer 2008 Ban on Sales Taxes may sound nice, it will not cure or resolve the problem. But at least this one candidate is thinking of and about the People.

No comments: