Monday, May 19, 2008

Wonderful Weatherby
also known as
Flower Child's World
The Flower Child will soon commorate his ten year anniversary of not smoking tobacco products. In fact the quit date was May 25, 1998. Well, one thing leads to another. My Doctor has now advised me that if I want to live a more healthful life and reach full maturity, I must get my act together regarding nutrition and exercise. Additionally I was informed that I should reduce my weight to 190 pounds. Of course this is a worthwhile goal. But there are challenges.
To this end, the Flower Child is attempting to consume more healthy food in small amounts; as well as engage in an exercise program that involves "brisk" walking. This involves walking four days a week for at least forty-five (45) minutes. I started this walking program last week. I vowed to my self that if I could quite smoking I could also walk the required four days a week.
So what does the above information have to do with "Wonderful Weatherby?" Let me tell you. My "brisk" walking program involves walking the quite streets of the sub-division where I live. Weatherby Plantation is nestled in the rolling hills of West Bibb County here in Central Georgia. I can walk briskly on all the streets and it takes me about 46 minutes. So if I keep up this program I will soon know every inch of the roadways in the sub-division where I live. I walk in the early morning when the air is a bit cooler and the weather is more pleasant. I have come to appreciate the surroundings of the "Flower Child's World."
Today I focused on the abundant beauty that surrounds the area where I live. The fragrance of the blooming Gardenias and the Confederate Jasmine was especially pleasant in the cool breezes this Morning. The beauty of the Knockout Roses and the blooming Clametis was also wonderful to view. Several Gardens also featured many Hosta plants which certainly thrive in shady areas.
Once back in my own Gardens I observed the lovely blooms on the Climbing Hydrangea which grows on our Chimney. The bloom pods on the Angel Trumpet plants are just beginning to form so within two weeks we can enjoy these beautiful flowers which actually achieve the size of a Trumpet Bell on a Band Instrument.

No comments: