Friday, August 08, 2008

Angel Trumpets

A few years ago the Flower Child became fastinated with the Angel Trumpet Flower. I do not recall where! I did a Google "Image" search and found a source for this plant. I ordered one and the rest is history. I have taken cuttings from the plant and placed them in the East Gardens!!

They grow well with a heavy mulch cover to allow them to survive over our mild Middle Georgia Winters. This particular planting has already provided a flush of blooms this year. They are doing well and I am looking forward to one more batch of blooms this Fall. It just depends on how the weather cooperates. Just to insure blooms each year I have retained the original plant in a pot which I winter over in the Garage.


This is the same image but converted to Black and White. I also sharpened it and adjusted the contrast slightly.

I, the Flower Child, appreciate the Digital Age of Photography. It allows one to capture images and see them almost immediately.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I counted the blooms on the three Angel Trumpet Plants that are six feet tall this morning. There are a total of thirty blooms.

I love these plants.