Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Crisis
2009


Yesterday as I was viewing Fox News I noted the crawl on the bottom of the screen. Because of the abundance of rain in recent weeks the producers of Pumpkins have been unable to harvest the 2009 crop. Therefore the good folks at Libby's have announced that we just may be facing a Pumpkin Pie Crisis this Thanksgiving Season. The crawl went on to say that because of a shortage of Pumpkins from the 2008 season, this year the shortage of pumpkins will be much more severe.

In order to prevent a crisis I stopped by my friendly food market last evening and procured my two cans of Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix. I would advise anyone who is addicted to Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving to procure their Pie Mix today. While this may appear to be a minor problem, it does indeed allow us to focus on the fact that the weather can and often does have a severe impact on our food chain.

Of course I already know that there will be those who try to fault some elected official with this crisis. My reply to those is: "Deal With It."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We grew our own pie pumpkins this year, as I do every year.
I'm cooking and harvesting the pumpkin each weekend. One pie
pumpkin yields enough for two pies so I will have enough for
the next year or more.

Benders grocery in Guttenberg has been out of canned pie all
fall.