Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jobs, It All About Jobs!!!
I consider myself most fortunate because I was born in 1940. I have been retired since 1999. That stated, I can appreciate the situation that many, many people are faced with this year. They simply do not have gainful employment. Then there are some who are under employed, but that must be much better than not having a job at all.
I post this today because I have a variety of reports that the 2008 and 2009 Economic Stimulus Expenditures have not produced the jobs as anticipated. Yet we hear of the potential for expending more funds to spur the economy.
I have recently heard that in Georgia most of the jobs are generated by the owners of small business firms. Yet I also hear that our U. S. Government wants to lay on more taxes on these same small business owners. It just does not seem correct!!!
I have been on this Planet long enough to know that I can not depend on a poor person to employ anyone. It takes operating funds to establish a business and it takes reserve funds to insure that a business can remain effective in tough times. How can our duly elected leaders overlook these basic economic facts?
Therefore I see no need to tax the small business owner out of business. We need to keep these citizens solvent so that they can generate even more job opportunities.
I do not believe that those in Washington understand these basic principles. Our First Lady can not employ enough Social Secretaries to make a dent in our unemployment statistics. Nor can our President employ enough Czars to make a dent in our unemployment statistics.
Certainly something to consider as we look to Washington to solve all of our problems.

No comments: