Monday, December 28, 2009

Politically Correct

The United States of America

Keeping American and Americans Safe

Prior to enlisting in the United States Military each enlistee must swear this oath. If the enlisted person is reenlisting he or she must affirm the following:


I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.



Each president recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I post this Blog entry today to simply point out that it now appears that our President may be obtaining a comprehension of the duties of President and also our Commander in Chief.

With the recent incident of a terrorist trying to explode an airplane on Christmas Day as it prepared to land at Detroit our President is now telling us that our Country needs to protect all U. S. Citizens from extremist.

If I understand the U. S. Constitution correctly that is what he swore to do when he took the Oath of Office on January 20, 2009. I am grateful that he is now realizing the gravity of the task that we elected him to perform.

It is my prayer today that he, our President continue to hold the U. S. Constitution in high esteem and perform the duties of President of the United States of America.

No comments: