Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tucker Road - West Bibb County Georgia

How Long Does It Take To Clean Up From An Accident?

On Sunday Morning, December 13, 2009 I was traveling toward Wesleyan College on Tucker Road here in West Bibb County. I slowed down for an accident scene. At that time there was a white pickup truck and a travel trailer in the ditch. The time of my travel was about 8:00 A.M. After I had completed my shopping at Kroger I traveled the route back to my Home. At that time there were three Bibb County Sheriff Cars on the scene.


I took all of these photographs on Thursday afternoon, December 31 during a slight rain fall, much like the weather on Sunday Morning, December 13, 2009. This is a view of the remains/trash from the travel trailer from the opposite side of Tucker Road at the 300 block looking toward Idle Hour Golf Course.

As you can ascertain the white pickup truck is no longer at this accident scene. You can also ascertain that there is a fair amount of travel trailer trash that has yet to be removed from this accident scene.


I post this series of pictures today so that everyone will know that this mess/trash alongside Tucker Road has been here well over seventeen (17) days. I do not pretend to know who is responsible for cleaning up after an accident. What I do know is that the Bibb County Sheriff had three cars and I assume each had a driver on the scene on Sunday, December 13, 2009.
I am confident that someone is responsible for the clean up of this mess/trash. Surely the deputies on the scene reported this situation to the appropriate authorities.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes before this situation/trash/mess alongside Tucker Road in West Bibb County is cleaned up!!!
You can be sure that I will keep you posted.
Happy New Year 2010 and I know that everyone will operate their vehicles in a safe mode this Holiday period.




1 comment:

Alan said...

10:25 A.M. Monday, January 4th, 2010

As I returned from several errands this morning I traveled on Tucker Road. The County Work Crew was setting up signs to warn motorist that there would be Men Working. As I passed "Old Tucker Road" I noted two dump trucks awaiting the erection of the warning signs so that they could commence work.

For everyone's information, The District Three County Commissioner, Mr. Elmo Richardson responded to my E-Mail quote of this Blog Entry within ten minutes of the post. He stated that the mess/trash would be removed early next week; which in fact is now happening.

Thanks to the District Three County Commissioner for such rapid action.