Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Constitutional Authority
The other evening I witnessed one of the Bibb Delegation's Lawmakers explain that the Governor's recommendation to require our Lawmakers to take furlough day/s was Unconstitutional. If I understand it correctly, the Republican leadership of Georgia's General Assembly also supported the Governor's recommendation.
I find it most interesting that a member of the Democrat Party would decry any action because it was unconstitutional. But I can certainly support his concept of good government. I salute any lawmaker that wishes to abide by the Constitution, be it State or Federal.
I am proud of Representative David Lucas. He appears to have a valid understanding of the C0nstitution of Georgia.
What I can not now understand is how the leading Democrats at the Federal level can even consider their concept of Health Care when so many other citizens have publically stated that the current Health Care Reform Bills are unconsititutional.
I would suggest that we need more duly elected leaders such as David Lucas at the National Level. The first to come to my mind is Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. I just wish that Citizens such as David Lucas were in the U. S. Senate and the U. S. House of Representatives.
We certainly need his style of leadership in Washington, D. C.

No comments: