Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The System Works!!!


Most of the readers here know that late on New Year's Eve I posted an entry with several pictures relating to the mess/trash along side of Tucker Road here in West Bibb County Georgia.
Within ten minutes of my E-Mail to the appropriate officials I received a response from the District Three County Commissioner, Mr. Elmo Richardson. He assured me that the mess would be cleaned up early next week.
Yesterday, January 4, 2010 was the early next week day. I obtained these pictures this morning as I completed my errands.
Yes, the System Does Work. Thank You to all involved.
I believe that when problems are presented and there is open and honest communication that the problem/s can be quickly resolved. This is how governments at all levels should react to valid concerns.
Yet that was not the case with the underwear bomber a few weeks ago. At first we were informed that the system functioned as required. Then the very next day it was admitted that the system did not function properly. I understand that they are still discussing what went wrong.
Simple, we have become so politically correct that our Federal Government is currently processing three U. S. Navy Seals for actions as they captured a known terrorist. From what I understand these three Heroes may have given this Terrorist a gut punch. Now they face disciplinary action.
How can any of our government organizations function if they fear that they will be brought to trial for activities that most view as appropriate. A gut punch for a Terrorist and the Heroes are going to be disciplined. This trap will simply render our intelligence agencies impotent and the Terrorist are happy with that aspect of our approach.
It is a shame that we no longer respect actual Heroes and must enable our enemies. I would suggest that we all actually become involved in stating our concerns with our duly elected politicians who now appear to only seek power and fame at the expense of a decent future for American Citizens. You, I and our Children and their Children certainly deserve much better than what our power crazed leaders are enacting/working on at this very moment.

No comments: