Saturday, February 06, 2010

2010 Southeastern Flower Show
4-6 February - Atlanta, Georgia

In addition to the shrubs and flowers which are in abundance at the Southeastern Flower Show you can also learn about gardening to grow items that you will enjoy to eat. This example of a raised bed impressed me.


This grouping of flowers caught my eye. I could not resist taking a photograph. One of the benefits of attending the Annual Southeastern Flower Show is that it is in Winter and you have an opportunity to view beauty in a bleak time of the year.

Several displays featured fountains set up in gardens which were designed and constructed by several Atlanta area Garden/Landscape Firms.


I found this area garden to certainly showcase the beauty of a garden even though the blooms are not in season at the same time.




A Photography Contest is a part of each Southeastern Flower Show. In recent years it has become a juried contest. I submitted eight images and one was selected. Here you are viewing the Flower Child along side of the Winning Entry in the "Flower" Section. It is a Night Blooming Cereus that I entered. For this show the entries must be framed and under glass. The photos are all for sale as a fund raiser. This image has already been sold twice. Which means I will have to have another print made and also a frame. I am grateful that My Bride was with me as we visited the Flower Show so that she could take this picture.




No comments: