Friday, February 19, 2010

Life In The United States of America

Little Alan (a.k.a.) The Flower Child 1940

Life in the United States of America is simply great. Today I went to Kroger's right here in Macon, Georgia to acquire a bottle of Wine to help me celebrate a major milestone birthday. The Flower Child is 70 years old today.
As I checked out using one of the automatic machines I was informed that I had to show my Identification Card to the Cashier. Here I am seventy years old and I got "carded" today. It certainly makes you feel younger. Nothing could be better. I proudly showed the Cashier my Identification Card and smiled and recalled how great this country is. I feel younger now because of this experience.
I must relate that I have always looked young for my age, but the last time I was carded was when I was twenty-eight years old.
Only in America!!!! Life is Good!!!

No comments: