Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Mercer University School of Medicine
28 January 2010 - I realize that I am late with this Blog Entry. The students at this Medical School conducted their Third Annual Talent Show. Prior to the show the medical students conducted a "Fund Raiser" for the citizens of Haiti. They made homemade desserts which were evaluated by their peers as well as those who attended the Talent Show. In order to vote you had to purchase a ticket. You were then allowed to sample each desserts and exercise your vote by placing your ticket in the appropriate container by the dessert you considered the best.
I do not know how much money was gathered, but I do know that the desserts were grand, as well as the performances of the Medical Students who participated in this event. The entertainment ranged from vocals, guiter solos to sit-down comedy.
What did I learn from attendance at this event? I can certainly tell you that soon there will be Doctors who are skilled in more than one craft. Of course, I suspect that this has always been the case. I was impressed and I will place the 2011 Mercer Medical School Talent Show on my schedule.

No comments: