Sunday, December 11, 2011

Vineville Academy of the Arts

Fine Arts Department

Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

This past Thursday, December 8th I attended the "An Old Fashioned Holiday" at Vineville Academy.  I called myself arriving early for a 6:30 P.M. performance at about 6:07 P.M.  The parking lots were filled and upon entering the Auditorium I quickly ascertained that this would be a Standing Room Only (SRO) event.

WOW!!! I thought to myself.  This is great.  The performance commenced at 6:30 P.M. and the Students at Vineville Academy performed several Violin selections employing the Suzuki method.  Great performances.

Nest we hear the Primary Chorus who sang selections appropriate to the season.  From my point of view the Ballet performances by two groups based on music by Peter Tchaikovsky was the high point of the event.

The Vineville Voices then sang several selections.  The program concluded with two groups performing Tap Dancing to musical selctions by Harry Connick, Jr.

A wonderful evening which certainly showcased the excellent talent of the Scholars of the Vineville Academy of the Arts.


No comments: