Monday, April 16, 2012

Tax Day 2012

I am confident that most of us in the United States of America know that Tuesday, April 17, 2012 is the date by which the Federal Income Tax Forms must be mailed to the Internal Revenue Service.  

In recent weeks I have been wondering if the Government can collect Taxes from us, the citizens of the United States of America.  So, today, as I returned from mailing my 2011 Federal Income Tax Return and the State of Georgia Income Tax Return I thought about my religion and how even as a child I heard the Christmas Story as recorded in Luke 2 of Holy Scripture.

I recalled that the reason Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem was that they could be taxed by the Roman Government.  I have just completed my reading of the first three versus of Luke 2 and learned that if Jesus Christ's parents had to pay taxes then I also should respect the Government and pay my taxes.  I am just happy that I do not have to return to the city of my birth to register to pay my taxes.  You may not know this, but I was born in a Farm House in Clayton County, Iowa with delivery assisted by a Mid-Wife.

Wishing everyone here in the U.S.A. who reads this Blog a very "Happy Tax Day" on April 17, 2012.  May we all live long enough to have to file many, many more returns.

No comments: