Monday, September 28, 2020

 


Alan's History

1966 Continued

Several days ago  Posted images on Facebook about My Visit to Iowa pior to My assignment to the Staff, U. S. Naval Forces, Europe in London. England.

After the visit to Iowa we traveled to the Saint Paul area to visit with My Wife's Family.  During our stay there a reception was held.  

Here I am on the right with My Wife and I each holding a child from Her
Brother John's Family.

The Lady in front is Katharine (Schnittger) Burger,
My Wife's Grandmother!!

I took this picture of My Father-in-Law, John D. Burger
and My Wife's Brother Thomas.  I wish I had written down the name
of the Man on the left, but I do remember that
he swam away from the USS Yorktown (CV-5).
The Yorktown was involved in the Battle at Midway and 
several days later the crippled Yorktown sank on 7 June 1942.  This Sailor unknown to me swam away!






No comments: