Sunday, June 04, 2006


In addition to what is happening with our local governments I will try to highlight some of the great things that are happening here in Middle Georgia each Week. Just this past Friday, June 2, 2006 I participated in my first Gaudet Baseball Camp. What a great experience. There were 369 boys and girls who participated from 23 towns in Middle Georgia and they represented 66 different schools. Talk about a diverse group. It is a fun experience and I would like to share some pictures:


Here you can see the action at the Batting Station. There were several other stations such as catching, fielding and the one that was most impressive to me was the one where a Baseball Umpire discussed the rules of the game. Throughout the entire camp day all the speakers and leaders stressed that the game of baseball could also be used as a model in the opportunities of life. The lessons learned on the playing field can be applied to the game of life.

No comments: