Saturday, September 02, 2006

Who Cares? Actually We All Are to Care!!
Today I would like to share with everyone, my letter to each of my Wonderful Siblings in the great Upper Midwest of the United States.

Greetings my Dear Siblings in the Holy Land,

For some time now I have often shared my thoughts and concerns with a few of my peers throughout the United States of America. Some have even thought that I was writing to you and that you resided in Israel.

I have had to carefully explain that my Siblings all reside in the Great Upper Midwest of the United States of America. We are all aware that we will fact some tragic events in our lives. As I write this today I am thinking about the families of those who have given their lives in Defense of Our Country. Not just the current War on Terrorism in the Middle East, but in the global War on Terrorism. We in the United States have even been victims. As a Career Navy Veteran, I often recall the events of a few years ago when the USS Cole suffered major damage and the most important aspect of that tragic event was that seventeen Sailors gave their lives for us.

The aspect of Life on this Earth and Death on this Earth was brought home to me in December of 1999 when our Dad died. Then we all lived through the difficult days of March and early April 2000 as we witnessed the suffering of our Mom followed by her death in Mid April. More recently we gathered to celebrate the life of our own Dear Brother. During each of these events we all had to face the fact that while we still survive, that one day, some day, our own death will happen. Does our Faith in God make this day any easier? I do not know the answer to that profound question; but I do know that once someone, anyone has died that there are those who try to comfort the remaining mortals with words of comfort and how good the deceased was. These words of comfort sound nice and are even nice to hear, but as I stated soon after the death of our Brother, the most profound words and also the most appreciated words I heard were "I am Sorry!!!!" I also know that everyone has a different style of mourning, so I will not tell anyone how to mourn.

What I can share with you today, as but one more Sinner on this Earth, is that from what I know of our Parents and also our Brother is that from all visible evidence that we mortals have access to that we can be comforted by the fact that each of these departed Sinners trusted in the Lord. We have a plethora of evidence because they were in God's Holy Word during their participation in Worship Services, participating in the Means of Grace and their attendance in Bible Studies. There are some who will say that I am being judgemental when I make the above statements, that I am disrespecting our fellow Earth Mates here in this life who choose not to participate in Worship Services, those who refuse to participate in the Means of Grace and appear unwilling to share their time in the Study of God's Holy Word in Bible Study at God's House.

Yet, I, Alan know and openly state that "I am a Sinner." Accomplishment of the above stated tasks does not give me a lock on Eternal Life in Heaven. On the contrary, it may just hasten my sinking to the depths of Hell if I view any of my accomplishments as work that I must do to gain Salvation. Then, I will quickly state here that I realize that all of the Blessings in my life are from my Creator, my Savior and I thank the Holy Spirit for working these concepts into my life. I have been given many gifts by my God. Now, Dear Brother and Sisters, you may be wondering why all of these known facts, which we all know because of our background are included in this letter. We were all given the Gift of God's Great Love when were Baptized.

Now as I reflect on the above paragraphs I quickly recall the verse that the Pastor used as the text for the funeral of our Brother in June 2006:

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13

As we all know, this was also our Brother's Confirmation Verse on the event of his Confirmation when he personally accepted God's plan for his salvation, the gift that was given to him at his Baptism in late April or early May of 1942. I can state that he was baptized as a very young child because I know that was the practice in our Family. What a legacy our Parents gave us. What a great gift from their God, that they also transferred to us Children when we were but mere infants.

Now, in the twilight of my own life I observe peoples in all walks of life, peoples of all economic levels, peoples of all educational levels who appear to not know of God's Gift for them. After all, there is but only one Gift and that is Eternal Life in Heaven. We are all God's people to be sure, but unfortunately, as I view my fellow people kind, far too many have rejected God's Gift which was and still is intended for all of us. It is an intense shame that people will continue to make poor or bad choices, but then our own Dear God recognized that fact when we learn of how things happened many years ago. I am referring to the following passage in God's Holy Word:

Luke 16 versus 19 through 31

This is the account where Jesus speaks and tells us of the "Rich Man" and "Lazarus." Lazarus had a difficult time on Earth. The Rich Man scorned God's Gift and when he got to Hell he made a supplication to Father Abraham. After his supplication was rejected by Abraham, he stated one time, "No, father Abraham, he said, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent. He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead'"

I am confident in my Faith. I am glad that God has given me his Greatest Gift and also blesses me with things to enjoy this temporary, even short life span here on Earth. I am also confident that when I pray "The Lord's Prayer," that I am calling down God's plan to be put in play right now, also admitting that it is God's Will, not mine.

I take this opportunity today to share with you these well known facts and values that our God has given us. I also recognize that our Parents realized the importance of God's Gift for us and presented us with the resources to learn of God's Great Gift for each of us.

I may also share this rather long message with many of my peers throughout the United States of America. Some will simply say that Alan has lost it. But I would much rather be Lazarus than the "Rich Man," who appeared to have it all during his short time on this Earth.

Yes, thinking of death is unpleasant. Yes, thinking of my own death is very unpleasant. But I can say with all confidence that I appreciate my Brother's Confirmation verse more each day while I participate in this life.

The background for this long letter today is, "I Alan, observe all too often the efforts my fellow Earth Mates expend in enjoying this short, but also temporary life. They appear to not understand death. My Earthly death is but a GateWay to Eternal Life in Heaven. To quickly sum this statement up, I also desire to appreciate the Spiritual Side of my life as well as the Physical being that I currently enjoy on this Earth. To say the obvious again, and even one more time:

But the one who endures to the end will be Saved

And yes, I know that one of my fun part time jobs is to assist in the development of fine young Doctors who can also make your life and also my life here on this earth more pleasant, but I can also say that I will always endeavor to appreciate God's Greatest Gift to me by being in God's Word, participating in the Means of Grace and striving to keep a balance in my life. By keeping a balance in my life I mean maintaining my physical health, yet daily struggling to keep on track in God's Plan for my Eternal Life in Heaven. God's basic and also original plan for all of us Earth Persons is that we might enjoy Eternal Life in Heaven. Sure, the plan was changed after the Apple consumption episode we read of in the first book of the Bible; but the new plan is to trust in the Lord and endure to the end. This is the only plan whereby we can be Saved to God's eternal and forever grace in Paradise. The Paradise that Apple Eaters rejected so many years ago. But how were they to know, you may ask.

Now, you have just answered the question on why I sent you this message.
Alan

1 comment:

El Amague Tango Milonguero said...

Pase solamente para saludar. Hi!