Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"Something To Think About!!!"


I have yet to meet any adult who has been recycled that will admit that they are allowing a former spouse manage their Check book. Of course that sounds silly and is also considered to be a stupid personal business practice.

Now comes along several former leaders who feel compelled to tell us what we as a Society are doing incorrectly. I realize that it is human nature to focus on being a "Monday Morning Quarterback." I must admit that I can look back on the events of the previous week and often wish that I had done things differently. But, we as a Society also know and realize that this folly will not gain us any respect in the International Community of Peoplekind much less correct the mistakes of the past.

Although my past does not include being a recognized leader in the free world, I do have prior leadership experience in a social organization. Just several months ago, when I presided at my last meeting, I publicly stated the following: "You will never hear me say at a future meeting - We have never done it that way before!!"

So far I have remained faithful to that statement. I intend to continue to do so. I do know that if I ever do utter that statement that at least forty members will quickly call me down.

As I have lived through my life I have usually adhered to the principle that I do need to move on. This does not mean that I repeat the mistakes of my past; it merely reflects the fact that the life ahead of me is the most important part of my current focus. I admit that I must look ahead. Thus the image you observed under the title of this Blog. "Burn the Bridges Behind You," which you might consider as my mantra has become a wise practice for me. There is no need for me to repeat the mistakes of my past.

All of this stated to lead you to the conclusion of this post. I believe that once anyone resigns or transfers from any organization, governmental, social, business and/or place of employment that they would move on in their lives without coming back and telling anyone, yes anyone how to function. If these self serving individuals can not move on, or refuse to let go of the past the question and concern that comes to my mine is: "Why did these experts resign or quit in the first place?"

So, as anyone of us considers resigning or quitting they might be well advised to carefully think about the future. Ask yourself this soul searching question: "Why should I quit or resign!!!" Of course I realize that this is not always the case in elected positions. If you can not continue in your elected post because of sickness, failure to be re-elected, or you have served the maximum term/s allowed; please remember that you have had your opportunity to make a difference. Respect the incumbent enough to move on without the self serving pronouncements on what is currently wrong or how you would be doing it!!! Enough Said.

"Thank You"



No comments: