Monday, June 11, 2007

FIVE GUYS - BURGERS and FRIES



In keeping with the mantra of this Blog, "Comments on most anything that is currently happending in Middle Georgia............" the post today will feature a new business in Macon.



I had recently heard of a New Hamburger place in Macon, located in the former Acura Auto Dealership on Tom Hill Blvd in Macon. This evening my Bride suggested that we check this fine food facility out. As we arrived well ahead of the evening rush we were cheerfully greeted. Of course I was counting the Guys. I could only see four. I was quickly informed that the fifth one was in back. As we dined here I observed that every customer who enters is warmly greeted and their order quickly processed at one of two customer service stations. Of special merit was a message posted on a "white board" on the wall at the end of the service counter. "Today's Potatoes are from Rigby, Idaho." It is always nice to know where the potatoes were grown.


As you order your Hamburger which is cooked from fresh beef, you are given a plethora of options on how you want your Burger dressed. Here is but one of the Five Guys (note the cheerful female) carefully fabricating the orders to specifications. This was a delightful dining experience and it is always a pleasure to observe friendly, smiling, well groomed and efficient staff no matter where you dine. Oh, yes, I did enjoy the in the shell, dry roasted peanuts as I awaited our order.


FIVE GUYS - Burgers and Fries will certainly receive future business from "The Flower Child."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five Guys is amazing! There was one in Baltimore close to where I student taught. It was one of the reasons why I didn't want to leave Baltimore. Enjoy!

Sam

Sanity24 said...

I will be trying Five Guys today, I will defintlh let you know, I am going to order the Bacon Cheeseburger with Mayo,lettuce,Tomatoe,sauteed mushrooms and BBQ Sauce I will tell you about my experience.

Sanity24 said...

This is the best burger that I have tasted in years!!!! Oh my goodness, it was soooo delicious a messy burger but it was all worth it, fast and friendly service I must add. Five Guys will defintly see me again and again, again :).