Friday, August 31, 2007

Upscale Sandwich Shoppe
-Update-

Last September 17, 2006 I posted a Blog concerning an Upscale Sandwich Shop in North Bibb County. Today I thought that it would be an appropriate opportunity to check on the progress of this establishment. Therefore The Flower Child drove out Riverside Drive in North Bibb County and was amazed to view the construction. I could not enter the construction area, but I was able to stop on the side of the Road and capture this image. This is a set of buildings just South of the new Dillard's Department Store.

This topic generated a letter to "The Telegraph" here in Macon. One writer responded that an Upscale Sandwich Shop would most likely be applicable to a sandwich shop as a fine restaurant. I quote, "The whiter the table linens, the heavier the eating utensils and the harder the menu is to read, the more likely that the portions are small and the prices too high." So the question can be answered in four words: Small servings, big prices.

I even had one gentlemen respond to my Blog with this Comment: "I'm taking you up on your offer to buy me the first sandwich if such a shop is ever constructed!"

Needless to say, his comment and letter is still in my "Things to Do Folder." I will take him to buy the first Sandwich from the Upscale Sandwich Shop. Now you know why I felt it essential that I check on the progress of this Construction Project.

By the way, each of the fine folks listed above will receive a copy of this Blog via U. S. Mail. As the Grand Opening of the Upscale Sandwich Shoppe approaches, I will contact them and make the appropriate arrangements to purchase the first three Sandwiches.

Somewhere in the Center displayed above there must surely be a space for this Shoppe. I hope so.


No comments: