Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Are You a Part of the Problem?
The United States, State Department recently had several individuals who are contract workers check out the files of the three Candidates for the Office of President of the United States of America. Each of these Candidates decried this looking at the passport files of themselves. Yet, may I remind you that each of these Candidates are currently serving as Senators in our very United States Congress!!!
When I the Flower Child was a very young scholar involved in acquiring an education I was informed that our United States Government was in place to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. We have three Branches of our Government - the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial. Each of these Branches is to be an effective Check and Balance on the other Branches.
All of this stated to simply point out that as serving members of the U. S. Senate, each of these Candidates could quite certainly be considered a part of the Problem. While you may think that this concept is not correct, let me remind my dear readers that whenever you are part of an organization and that organization has a problem, you are indeed part of the problem and you can also be a part of the solution. It would have been far more appropriate for each of these Candidates for our highest office to admit that there are problems; but that they would strive to at least help resolve the problem/s.
As I consider the candidates currently running for the Office of President and concurrently the vital position as "Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces," I feel compelled to expend my one vote for the person who will best serve the common good of all of our society here in the United States. We simply cannot enjoy life in this country if we are to be fearful of terrorist or terrorist activity.
In this regard, I am very grateful for the actions of former Presidents who worked very hard, and often under the cloke of secrecy to end our previous Wars. I think especially of the conclusion of World War II where our President had to unleash the power of the Atom Bomb. He did this for the common good of all of our society in the U. S. A. In fact most citizens in the World today will most likely agree that our President at the time of the Atom Bomb did this for the common good of all the peoples of the world.
I am grateful that our leaders way back then did not govern or command with the sole objective of being popular in the opinion polls. They simply did what was good and proper. I do not think that I could have ever learned how to talk in Japanese. I know that I could not do German, because I failed that in college.
Certainly something to consider. Rather than being part of the problem I would urge our current group of Presidential Candidates to become a part of the solution. It is not always easy to be a Leader, but we do expect our President to lead for the common good. That is all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do believe that I have heard that the individuals that opened the Pass Port Files to check on the three Senators who are running for the Office of President of the United States of America were "Contract" employees.

You and I know that contract employees are only working for the money in as much as they have no loyality for the cause. In this case the State Department. Governmental agencies often use Contract employees to save money. Therefore it stands to reason that if our Congress had funded State adequately there would be no need for cheaper contract employees. If this is the case, then our Congress, both representatives and senators have become a part of the problem. So your post about being part of the problem is certainly germane. I too also recognize that if you are part of a problem, then you have a responsibility to become a part of the solution. This is especially true of the three Senators who are running for President of the United States of America.