Thursday, June 11, 2009

War on Terrorism
or???????
Somebody wake me up from my bad dream!!!! I heard a commentator on a Newcast yesterday stating that our President, or Commander in Chief was going to implement, or has implemented the policy that enemies of our Country apprehended in the ongoing War on Terrorism in foreign countries will be given their Miranda Warning.
I simply cannot comprehend how this can be made effective policy as our Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are facing the enemies of our Nation. I was never taught that the provisions of our Constitution of the United States and our Laws applied to enemies. This is Leadership gone bad. How can this be done.
For those, who like me were never arrested and/or caught I will quote the Miranda Warning here:
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense."
During my time in the U. S. Navy I had to present a United States Flag to several Widows of Sailors who lost their lives. How can any Officer, Chief or Petty Officer present a Widow or a Mother the Flag of our United States of America at the funeral of a loved one knowing that our Commander in Chief has established such a dreadful policy.
Enemies of our Country should not enjoy the same rights and responsiblities as the Citizens of our Great Nation, The United States of America.
Or maybe that is what this action is all about. Our President is the Leader of the World. Please wake me up from this terrible dream.

No comments: