Friday, April 01, 2011





Spring Flower Show
Plant Sale
Macon, Georgia


The Federated Garden Clubs of Macon, Inc. is sponsoring a Spring Flower Show at the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Macon, Georgia on April 14-17, 2011.

The normal practice for these Flower Shows is to also to conduct a Plant Sale.  The Plant Sale this year will be on April 14 and April 15, 2011.  I am a member of a local Garden Club and I just finished potting up 22 Hellerboros, also known as Lenten Roses for this Plant Sale.  The Lenten Roses displayed above are some of the "Mother Plants" of the ones I potted up.  Please be aware that these wonderful deer resistant plants do not self seed true to color of the parent.  I have been fortunate in that I have obtained some purple flowers just by the random selection of plants I obtain.

The plants I will place in the sale have not yet ever bloomed so no one knows what color their flowers will be.  If you go on line to obtain Lenten Roses that have completed a bloom cycle and desire a specific color you can pay as much as $29.00 per plant.  You can be sure that the plants that I enter in the local plant sale will be much more reasonable.

The Plant Sale is also scheduled to be in operation on April 16 and 17th, however I would urge you to  come early to enjoy the flower show and obtain the most desirable plants on the afternoons of April 14 and 15.


No comments: