Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bits of Wisdom

During my reading in recent weeks I have garnered some great bits of "wisdom" that I wish I had learned much earlier in my life.

  • Have Fun, be able to Laugh at Yourself!
  • Ideas, Events and people.    I understand that it was Eleanor Roosevelt who stated:
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

With this statement in mind I am confident that our World would be a much better place to live if we did not ever use the "Small Mind" option in our conversations. 
  •   I have also read a quote from Peter Lencioni's Book "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team."  He writes:  "In the context of building a team, trust is the confidence among team members that their peers' intentions are good, and that there is no reason to be protective or careful around the group.  In essence, teammates must get comfortable being vulnerable with one another."
If we all employed the Bits of Wisdom, and I am confident there are many more, in our daily interactions with our fellow people kind this Society would be much better off.

It would certainly end the struggles that so many endure when they must get along with such citizens that must always have their way and if they do not obtain their way, they simply insult their fellow people kind with all matter of statements.  Some such statements are even unkind; but they must be made so that some can continue having their way.

What a shame!!!!!     Well, I suspect that I must get ready to endure all types of non-team building opportunities during the upcoming political campaigns.  What makes the current situation so difficult for me to comprehend is some Families  have individuals who  have adopted the attitude/s that they only they are to be considered.  Teamwork be dammed!!!!

No comments: