Tuesday, June 26, 2012


President of the United States of America

Oath of Office
US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation:

 "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I have a concern that I suspect many of my peers who are also citizens of the United States of America share with me. 

Our President does not obey the laws and when he disagrees, he issues an order.  As the President I think that it is his solemn duty to uphold the laws.  Of course it is also possible to work to change the laws; however to simply issue an order does not support the concept of law and order in the United States of America.

Governor Rick Perry made the following statement regarding our President's recent order to grant what I would consider amnesty to many who are between the ages of 16 and 30 years who may have been brought to this country by their parents:


I would suggest that this is no way to even run a railroad, much less a whole country.  I would also suggest that this action by our President certainly does not serve as a worthwhile "Role Model" for millions of our Nation's Youth and Young People. 

I would suggest that our President has the most honorable task in the World and that when he avoids the laws of the land that he is setting a tragic precedent.  In addition to the most honorable task in the World he also has the most responsible task in the World.  To use his position  in a lawless manner is simply a heinous crime. 







No comments: