Saturday, June 08, 2013

Electronics Recycling
Macon, Georgia
8 June 2013

Today the following organizations teamed up to conduct a "Free Electronics Recycling Event" at the Macon Area Habitat for Humanity, 690 Holt Avenue in Macon. 

LG Electronics USA
Macon Area Habitat for Humanity
Keep Macon Bibb Beautiful
Vintage Tech Recyclers

I took several items for this event and after I had completed my donation I took the opportunity to capture a few images for this Blog Post.

The event was well organized and the process went very quick.  The team consisted of Habitat Home Owners, Future Habitat Home Owners, Boy Scouts, Interested Citizens who also Volunteered, Keep Macon Bibb Beautiful Volunteers as well members of the local Garden Clubs.






As a pallet was completed it was wrapped for
shippment to an Electronics Processing Center, Vintage
Tech Recyclers.  I think this organization is
located in Chicago.

I did observe all of the happy volunteers. The
individual on the right was the one who unloaded my
donations as I went through the line.
Certainly a great event to help keep our Community Beautiful.  I overheard one of the coordinators indicate that the event exceeded expectations and this was about 10:00 A.M. just one hour after the event started.

No comments: