Friday, June 13, 2008

"Life Is Good"

Back on May 2nd I showed you one of two Urns which adorn the Front Gardens of My Home in West Bibb County, Georgia. I was featured in the May 8th edition of The Telegraph here in Macon, Georgia in connection with a story they published on what citizens were doing with their Economic Stimulus Payments from the Government. I used half of our money to obtain these two urns.

Part of the story also focused on what I would do with the balance of the Stimulus Payment. I stated that I hoped to acquire a new Digital Camera. Well that day finally arrived. I ordered one the other day and the good folks of DHL delivered it very early this morning. You can see the box stacked in the background of this image. The packages in the foreground were delivered to me this afternoon by UPS. The package on the left from Land's End contained the items I ordered which I will wear during my upcoming trip to the Upper Midwest to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of my High School Class. The UPS driver indicated that I had two packages. I was shocked and surprised. The white shipping box on the right was from Omaha Steaks and was shipped at the request of my great Son and his Bride. A Welcome Father's Day Gift to be sure. So, now you know why I titled this Blog "Life Is Good."

My youngest Sibling, a Brother always reminds me of that fact when ever we discuss the world situation or any other topic. Yes, "Life Is Good." Now, all I have to wait for is the parcel from the Company Store in Wisconsin. It will contain two new feather down pillows of the right density so that I can sleep in great comfort. They have a site where you can custom build your own pillow to give your neck, back and head the proper support depending on the manner in which you sleep.

So the Flower Child has done his part. He has expended his Economic Stimulus Payment and looks forward to capturing higher quality pictures with the new Camera.

1 comment:

Alan said...

The Pillows from "The Company Store" in Wisconsin arrived yesterday.

They were perfect for a great night of sleep.

"Life Is Good!!"