Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Economy in the United States of America
In recent weeks we have all heard that the major problem in the United States of America is the Economy. The Housing Crisis, the Energy Crisis, the Disaster Crisis, all of which cause our National Government to expend major funds.
Some of my Democrat Friends and some of our Elected Leaders are decrying the current War On Terrorism. The usual comment/s go something like this: If we were not spending Billions on the War on Terrorism, just think how much good our U. S. Government could do at Home.
I often recall when my Mother was counselling me regarding some of my favorite sins when I was in my late teens or maybe even early twenties. She would lament the expenditures of time that She and My Dad had performed in obtaining an adequate "religious" grounding for me. This was usually followed by "What Good Did it Do?" Then one day I replied in a respectful attitude (I might add) that no one would ever know how much worse I could have turned out had I not been exposed to their religious training. My Mother, with a sixth grade education quickly realized the truth in what I had just stated. No one, not even I will ever know how much worse I could have turned out. That was the last conversation that my Mother ever had with me regarding my favorite sins.
Which brings to my mind today, We will never know, not even one of us, Democrat or Republican; what our Billions of Dollars expended in the conduct of the War On Terrorism or the Billions expended through the Department of Homeland Security has prevented in the United States of America.
It is unfortunate that our learned elected leaders cannot appreciate the basic fact that it is impossible to determine what may have happened in our United States of America had not our Nations Heroes and our Commander in Chief acted appropriately to protect American lives and property in the United States of America.
So, why do we continue to hear about the "Unnecessary expenditures of Billions on the War on Terrorism" when even my own dear Mother realized that I had stated a very truthful and certain fact. "We will never know!!!!!"
Does anyone outside of the Department of Defense actually know how many Fighter Aircraft as well as Search Radar airplanes are in the air each day, dedicated to the mission of detecting potential threats with the additional mission of destroying them?
I am one citizen of the United States of America and I am very happy and also secure that we have a Government who is actually protecting us.
It would also be difficult to ascertain the possible state of our economy if we would have experienced additional attacks on America in other Cities like we all witnessed on September 11, 2001.
In short, things could be worse, but we will never know. So why do we have to suffer the unneeded comments of a few who desire to promote their agenda versus the Secruity and Welfare of all the Peoples - We The Peoples of the United States of America.

No comments: