Thursday, September 25, 2008

Faith Journey - The Flower Child's Religion
Last Sunday, September 21st, The Flower Child attended Sunday School and the Worship Service. During Sunday School the discussion centered on the two Sacraments of the Lutheran Faith.
  • The Sacrament of of Holy Baptism. Children and Adults are baptized with a Water and the Word. Two elements which are both gifts from God. Once this action is complete it is very appropriate for anyone to simply say: "I am Glad that I am a Baptized Child of God."
  • The Sacrament of the Altar or Holy Communion. This Sacrament is performed using Bread and Wine and by a great Miracle of God, also has Christ Body and Blood, just as Jesus Christ stated when he established this Sacrament prior to his death, resurrection and returning to Heaven. Jesus Christ also commanded us to "Do this in rememberence of Him."

During the Worship Service I listened to the Sermon as I also observed the Banner on the Church Wall. It stated very simply the basic tenets which allow everyone to receive Eternal Life in Heaven.

  • Grace Alone
  • Faith Alone
  • Scripture Alone

In the conclusion of the Sermon we heard the Pastor sum up the message with this very simple, yet powerful statement: "Have To Do" versus "Get To Do."

God's grace saves me. My faith in his love for me as I learn in Holy Scripture allows me to be happy to do. Not that I must, but I; out of gratitude do what I can to honor my Savior.

Now you know about The Flower Child and his Lutheran Faith.

No comments: