Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kazoo Night - 2008 Georgia State Fair
Central City Park
Macon, Georgia
The 2008 Kazoo Night at the Georgia State Fair was well promoted in the print and electronic media. Several days ago I sent out an E-Mail with the link to the Kazoo Night at the Georgia State Fair to well over 100 people. Here is what I said:
Greetings Everyone, I am Alan. I am sending this message to everyone in Middle Georgia for the sole purpose of letting everyone know that we in Middle Georgia can do it. We can set the World Record for a Kazoo Playing Event on Thursday, September 25th, 2008 at the Georgia State Fair at 6:00 P.M. Read the following for complete details.

All too often everyone claims that there is nothing to do in Macon. Here is an opportunity to participate in a fun event and display your pride as a Citizen of Middle Georgia.

Alan in Macon, Georgia sends. We Can Do it!!!!!!!


I think we needed over 3800 people to assemble in the Baseball Stadium. As you can quickly ascertain we had far less than in 2007. If I recall correctly we had about 2200 in 2007 show up to break the world record for a Kazoo Concert. This year we were to break the current record of over 3800.

Even though the event was well published we only had four individuals in leadership roles here in Bibb County and Macon, Georgia show up. I saw Superior Court Judge Ed Ennis, Bibb County Sheriff Jerry Modena, Macon City Councilman from Ward III, Post Three Tom Ellington, Philantropist Beverly Olson and Columinst Ed Grisamore of The Telegraph, Macon, Georgia. While I may have missed someone, I am quite confident that a majority of our Leaders did not even show up for this fun event.

I quickly developed the impression that not too many citizens who live in Middle Georgia have pride in their Community.

As the event concluded I was asked by an Atlanta Journal Constitution Reporter how I felt concerning the small number that participated in the 2008 Kazoo Concert. I summed it up with one word: "Disappointed."

One thing is certain, no one can blame the weather. It was a perfect evening.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I, the Flower Child have been informed that two Macon City Counil Members were attending a previously scheduled meeting which prevented them from attending the Kazoo Event at Luther Williams Stadium.