Monday, May 10, 2010

Contemporary Worship/Contemporary Music



As I travel about Central Georgia conducting my errands I often view Church Sign Boards that announce to the travelers that this Worship Facility offers Contemporary Worship at a certain time on Sunday Morning.
I have often wondered what Contemporary means. I know that for some it is alternative music performed on a guitar or other stringed instruments.
While I have nothing against Contemporary Music I often think about Psalm 150 verses 3 through 5 which I quote here:
3. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4. Praise him with the timbrel and dance; praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Therefore I would humbly suggest that "Contemporary Music" has been with us for well over 2000 years.
Now to consider the pictures that this post contains I would suggest that the Church I attend has a very Contemporary Organist.

No comments: