Friday, May 21, 2010

Jobs!!!! Jobs!!!! Jobs!!!!

The other evening I was watching the evening television news here in Macon, Georgia. The newsperson was presenting the situation at the Bibb County Department of Family and Childrens Services (DFACS) which involved many, many people who had responded to an announcement that "Government Assistance" would be available for those who showed up.
The DFACS Staff did not anticipate the record number of citizens who assembled. In fact we were told that the event in Macon, Georgia attracted many more citizens than any previous "Government Assistance" event in the entire State of Georgia.
The Television News Reporter interviewed a citizen who could not gain admission to the event because of the large crowd. Her comments, which were broadcast to the entire Middle Georgia area simply stated:
I would like to get a job. If I could get a job I would not have to depend on the Government for assistance or words like these. I was impressed. She stated what everyone needs to hear. Our duly elected leaders at the highest levels of government need to hear here words. She certainly summed up the current situation very well.
You may be wondering why I chose the picture that I did for this Blog Post. We have the U. S. Flag as well as the Service Flags from each Branch of our Armed Forces plus the Prisoner of War Flag. We must always remember how our United States of America became a great Nation!! We did not achieve our standard of living because of Government Assistance. We achieved our status through the hard work of millions of Workers and our Way of Life has been protected by those who have Served our Great Nation, those who are currently Serving our Great Nation and hopefully, those who will Serve our Great Nation in the Future.
It is my prayer today as I compose this Entry that "May Our God Continue To Bless America!!!!" Additionally, may we all accept the fact that more than Government Assistance, we need Jobs.
I am glad that this lady stated the current situation in America so well. I share it with you today.

No comments: