Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Flower Child Visits Disney World

Recently I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Disney World in Orlando. The visit could not have been timed any better. The EPCOT Park featured Special Displays during the 17th Annual Flower and Garden 2010 Festival. When I saw this display I insisted that my picture be taken.

Upon my return home I visited the EPCOT Website to learn this about the Festival:

"First-Ever American Gothic Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse - Topiary experts pulled out all the stops to create an American Gothic Mickey and Minnie scene based on the 1930 Grant Wood painting."

Most readers here know that The Flower Child was born and nurtured in Iowa which was also the home of Artist Grant Wood. Therefore I could not pass up the opportunity to have my photo made here.


No comments: