Charlotte, North Carolina
4 September 2012
Today I post my summary of Day 1 of the Democrat National Convention. Just as I did during the recent Republican Convention I will post what I heard and noted.
I watched the Former President, Jimmy Carter Video and heard this:
- We need to elect a President who shares your dreams.
- A Dream - A Health Care law.
- Our current President has restored our reputation overseas.
- For all that needs to be done at home or aboard, President Obama is who we need!!
- Our current President is a leader in the Community of Nations.
- Our problems take more than a quick fixes.
The next speaker I observed was the current Secretary of Health and Human Services. She informed us that our President stands up for women.
The next speaker was the current Mayor of Chicago. When he was the White House Chief of Staff he observed our President in action. We were told:
- Our President reads ten letter a day from Citizens of the U.S.A. to hear the voice of the People.
- We must reelect our President.
The Speaker who spoke next was the current Mayor of San Antonio, Texas, Julian Castro. He told us:
- As a young proud American he is determined to elect the President of the United States (POTUS) for a second term so America can continue to be great in the 21st Century.
- America is special because it makes it possible for him and his brother to be successful.
- Opportunity created today, leads to prosperity tomorrow.
- The Middle Class is the Engine of Economic Growth.
- It is every persons dream - Work hard to succeed.
- Prosperity starts with education.
- "Our President is Pro Business, Pro Education."
- We need to invest in young minds to be competitive tomorrow.
- When we invest in people, we invest in prosperity.
- "More hard work yet to do, but we are making progress.
- Our President brings jobs back home.
He concluded his speech with the comment to his Mom: "I'm even more proud of you."
The First Lady, Michelle Obama then informed us that she is Her Husband's Cheerleader. We were then able to view a video which was followed by a Military Mom, Elaine Bryer. Here comments were summarized in this sentence: "Helping Military Families is a top Priority of the President and the First Lady." She then stated that she was proud to introduce Michelle Obama.
She made the following comments during the course of her speech:
- How blessed we are to live in the greatest nation on earth.
- We were then told how our President furnished his first home with a "Coffee Table found in a Dumpster."
- Dad was so proud to send his kids to College.
- We learned about dignity and decency.
- The truth matters.
- Success does not count unless you earn it fair and square.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Being President does not change who you are, it reveals who you are!!!
- As President there is no margin for error.
- Life experiences make you who you are!!
- Created Good Jobs.
- Health Care was the right thing to do.
- Women are more than capable to make decisions regarding their bodies.
- President Obama knows the American Dream because he lived it.
- Not about how much money you make; but the difference you make in people's lives.
- "He has never forgot how he started.
- "Doing the impossible is the history of this Nation."
- President Obama is about Giving everyone in this Country a chance at the American Dream.
The First Lady's speech was the conclusion of Day One of the Convention.